Last updated on 27.6.2019
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is saved on your device or computer after you have visited an internet page. The text file contains a small amount of information that the internet server can read when you visit the same page again. Cookies are advantageous for the user for multiple reasons which are explained in more detail below.
Why and what kind of cookies do we use?
Technical and operational cookies: Some of these cookies are necessary from the point of view of the Website’ functioning to permit the pages and your account to function correctly. In addition, we remember your preferences and can help you to use our Website more easily. These type of cookies will remember, for instance, your country and your searches, and pages that you have looked at before.
Analytical cookies: With these cookies, we collect information about how the visitors use the Website, what pages they visit, where they come from, what pages they leave, what browser and terminal equipment they use, and what e-mails were opened and clicked. With the analytics, we can estimate what works and what doesn’t, improve our Website and understand how effective our marketing is.
The analytical cookies used by our Website:
– Google Analytics, https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
– Google Tag Manager, https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
– Google AdWords, https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en
Special note on Google Analytics
We use third-party cookies in order to show personalized marketing on the Website and elsewhere on the Internet. This is known as re-targeting and it is based on Online Behavioral Advertising, such as what information and content pages you’ve viewed.
Marketing cookies used by our Website:
– Autopilot, https://www.autopilothq.com/legal/
– Mailchimp, https://mailchimp.com/legal/cookies/
Social media cookies: The social media cookies are used to identify the user in social media so that user can, for example, share articles by pushing a button. These cookies can also be used to target advertising.
The social media cookies used by our Website:
– Facebook Pixel, https://www.facebook.com/policies/cookies/
– Linkedin , https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy
How long are the cookies valid?
We use session-specific cookies that expire when the user closes the web browser. In addition, we use permanent cookies that stay on the user’s device for a certain period of time, or until the user removes them. The validity of permanent cookies is normally everything between thirty minutes and 18 months respectively.
We want to be transparent and respect the choices made by the users with respect to cookies and other similar technologies. However, we hope that you consider the fact that if you decide to block cookies or remove them, some of our Website features may not work.
- By creating a new cookie profile: If the user empties the cookies from the Website at regular intervals, the personalized identifier is changed and the profile connected with the earlier identifier is reset to zero.
- By blocking cookies: The user can block the cookies from the browser according to the manufacturer’s instructions (usually either in the “Instructions”, “Tools” or “Edit Menus”). Please note that blocking cookies may affect the functionality of the Website.
- Advertising cookies: With the Your Online Choices service you can get acquainted with the web advertising and data privacy based on browser use and manage the relevant settings. By using this Website, you can either prohibit or allow all advertising targeted either by all the companies or by separate companies. You can also disable cookies at any time by adjusting your browser settings. Browsers are different, so refer to the settings’ menu of your browser for instructions on how to change your cookie preferences.